Who doesn’t like a frankie? Easy to make and yummy to eat if you get the tangy taste of stuffing just right. Devansh loves frankies. We both like Tibb’s chicken frankies. At home, I make egg frankie for him and me. While my vegetarian husband makes them using palak paratha as a wrap with potato stuffing.
Kalpesh loves experimenting with food and this one experiment of his is a big hit with all of us.
At home we make palak parathas once a week and more often than not Kalpesh ends up making these frankies for Devansh using those parathas. The taste of spinach in paratha compliments the potato stuffing really well.
I still give Devansh simple, easy-to-eat food in tiffin but one year down the line I can give these frankies in his tiffin without him messing up his hands for sure. Hope you like this healthy frankie recipe made using palak paratha as a wrap.
Step by Step Photo Instructions for Aloo Frankie
MumMumTime on YouTube
Aloo Frankie Recipe
- 4-5 palak parathas
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 3 medium-sized boiled potatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 curry leaves
- 1 small green chili optional
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/5 th tsp mustard seeds rai
- 1/3 rd tsp cumin seeds jeera
- Pinch of asafoetida hing
- Pinch of turmeric powder haldi
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cheese cube
- Salt to taste
- Add chaat masala and a small pinch of salt in lemon juice, and keep this juice aside.
- Mash boiled potatoes while they are hot to ensure that the mixture remains smooth and doesn’t become sticky.
- Heat oil in a pan, and then add mustard and cumin seeds.
- When they splutter, add hing, curry leaves, and chopped chili. (Adding chili is optional. You may want to avoid chili for younger kids.)
- Add mashed potatoes, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Mix well to ensure you get a stuffing similar to that of batata wada.
- Reheat a palak paratha on a flat pan from both sides.
- Place the potato stuffing in the center of a paratha and spread it in a line from one end to the other.
- Add thinly sliced onion on top of the stuffing.
- Use a spoon to pour the masala lemon juice in one line on the stuffing.
- Grate some cheese on top.
- Roll the frankie and serve it in a plate.
You can use rotis or chapatis instead of palak parathas.